Friday, February 6, 2009

Anna, Milk Bottle & Formula

I had successfully breastfeed Anna till she is 13 months, but I had a very challenging time to wean her from breast milk. My first challenge was, Anna refuse to suck from bottle. I had many different type and brand of teats and bottle at my house, Avent, Nuk, Medela...None of it she takes. Finally she choose Pigeon bottle! (Slap my forehead!)

So, the first issue settled. Second, I had to find the right formula for her. Again, I had to ask around in the supermarket for free sample. Enfa, S26, Nespray, Dutch Lady ...Anna spilled out every single sip! Finally, I got her soy base formula, Isomil. This is the last brand that available in the market and yet had not been rejected by Ms Fussy. Thanks God, she accept it and finish the 8oz of milk for the first time. The weaning process took nearly a month!

After 2-3 months, I changed her to Mamil Gold, and glad that she just takes it and didn’t notice the changes.

My little madam never hold her own bottle. She wants me to hold her in my arm and feed her. But out of sudden, yesterday she took the bottle from me, and go up the sofa and finished her milk. Me and daddy praise her and give her a big hug. Guess she know her little brother is on his way, so she behave more like a jie jie now :)

No comments: