Monday, December 27, 2010

FRIM 14 Dec 2010

This is my first field trip with Anna, is a very good outing and both of us learnt so much from the nature, many thanks to Shannon who organised it :)
Anna checking on the snails
Inside museum, showing various type of fishing tools, boats and woods.


On our way to Ethnobotanic Garden, you need a approval letter to enter this garden
Kids checking out the herbs nursery
"I cant look down, too scary " :P
Making foot print
Anna new friends, JW, very cute and adorable :)
Giant bamboo, it grow 20cm a day!
Playing London bridge while waiting to begin our nature trail

Our tour guide, very friendly and passionate about nature
Checking out the working ants, as big as adult thumb
Roots look like an elephant
Amazing view, this is called Kapur tree, leaves can use to make "tiger palm"


beginning part she was a bit scared to go into the forest, she asked me a lot questions: What if we see a tiger, what if there is a witch live in the forest, What if a wolf come and catch me away,etc. Took me a while to comfort her, and I carry her at the beginning of the trail. Later on when she get warm up , she complete the trail by herself with very little help from me.

I am very proud of Anna, is her first time so close to the nature and the trail is not easy for a 3+ years kid. We definitely will make another trip to FRIM, to discover more things and have more fun :)




No comments: